Changes to taxi arrangements at Paddington Station
From Sunday 12 February 2012 there will be changes in and around Paddington Station, which will allow construction of the Crossrail station to get under way.
· A new taxi rank will open next to the Hammersmith & City line Underground station
· Departures Road and the current taxi rank (on the west side of the station) will be closed permanently
· Eastbourne Terrace will close to all vehicles (including taxis) for about two years
· The entrances on Eastbourne Terrace to and from the mainline station will close until the Crossrail works are complete
Taxi rank changes
A new covered taxi rank will open next to the Hammersmith & City line Underground station. The rank will provide direct access for passengers to and from the mainline station and will be fully accessible.
· Access for taxis to and from the rank will be from Bishop’s Bridge Road using a new junction adjacent to Sheldon Square.
· A small feeder rank will remain on Bishop’s Bridge Road, with a call forward system being introduced to help entry to the new rank.
· There will be a new drop off point within the taxi facility.
· City of Westminster is proposing a larger feeder rank within the Harrow Road gyratory system.
The new taxi rank arrangements at Paddington Station have been agreed as a result of TfL, City of Westminster, Network Rail and the London Taxi Ranks Committee working together.